Formerly the Single Pitch Award (SPA), the Rock Climbing Instructor Award (RCI) allows experienced climbers to begin their training towards becoming competent Instructors.
The remit of the award allows RCI holders to work on single pitch crags, indoor climbing walls and artificial climbing structures in Ireland and the UK.
The scope of Rock Climbing Instructor training covers personal climbing, safe group management, crag etiquette, environmental responsibilities and more. Candidates will learn how to become an effective supervisor, encouraging others to enjoy climbing safely, whilst also improving their own climbing skills.
Registering for the Rock Climbing Instructor:
- You must be registered on the scheme.
- You must have an up to date logbook (preferably DLOG) with evidence of the following:
- 15 lead routes which must be graded rock climbs with traditional protection.
- 15 led routes at a climbing wall.
- 5 lead routes which must be outdoor bolt protected sport climbs.
Download a copy of the RCI handbook here
Ratio: Min: 2:1, max 4:1 ratio. Bigger groups can be catered for, please contact me to discuss on email@example.com or 086-3807756
Cost: €250 euro, includes entry to climbing wall.