So you’d like to improve your rock climbing skills, climb smarter, safer and ultimately climb better? Perhaps you wish to learn how to set up your own anchors and be self sufficient? Or maybe you want to start climbing multipitch routes?
Improving your rock climbing technique and technical skills will give you the confidence, ability and knowledge to progress your current standard to the next level.
I am continually trying to improve my own climbing ability and skills. Passing on this understanding to my customers and watching them develop is one of the best parts of my job and keeps me psyched for coming to work.
Who is the Improve your rock climbing course for?
- Indoor climbers wanting to learn how to build anchors outdoors
- Established outdoor climbers looking to take your climbing to a new grade
- Climbers wishing to tidy up bad habits or sloppy methods
- Those who wish to progress to multi-pitch climbing
What do I cover on the Improve your rock climbing course?
Every climber’s goals are different, so the content of this course will be designed to best suit you. While we will cover all of the course content detailed below, I’ll consult with you prior to the course, to assess your weaknesses and strengths, and concentrate on your specific requirements.
– Movement skills and climbing technique
– Maximizing restful positions and efficient climbing
– better anchor building/gear placement or Multi-pitch Techniques
– improving belaying, knots and rope work skills
– Correct use of climbing equipment and its uses
– Climbing terminology and crag etiquette
– “where do I go from here?”
What do you need to bring?
You can bring your own climbing gear if you wish, or I can provide all equipment on the day. You should bring your own food, snacks and water as required.
Duration: This is a full day course, approx 6 hours.
Location: I am based in The Burren, Co Clare and the courses usually run at Ballyryan/Ailladie on the coast road to Fanore. https://maps.app.goo.gl/XTgLTtwQYqFrxagAA
€150 per person
– €125 per person, if booking for 2
– Private 1:1 bookings available, please enquire for cost.
– No minimum number required for the course to run, Max ratio 2 per course